IN-PERSON Kids' Book Club (Open to Ages 8-10)
As health guidelines allow, we will offer an in-person session of book club in addition to a virtual session. Readers may attend one or both, as they wish. Regardless of which session(s) they plan to attend, please register for this (the virtual) event to participate, as that is how we track the number of remaining book club packets. Thank you!
Kids ages 8-10 and their grownups are invited to join us for virtual book club. Register to reserve your book and activity kit. This month we are reading "Bad Guys [#1]" Written by Aaron Blabey. In addition to meeting earlier in the month virtually, we'll meet in-person on Thursday, March 19th at 4:15 p.m.; you can choose to come to either of the sessions, or both! The copy of the book is yours to keep or pass along.
What do to:
1. Register your reader
2. After you receive an email from Librarian Taylor saying your packet is ready, pick up your reader's book club activity packet on the Available Holds shelves inside the library any time the library is open.
3. Your reader should read as much of the book as they can; it's okay if you read it with or to them!
4. Your reader should try the activity; if they don't enjoy it or time runs out, that's okay.
5. Your reader should attend the virtual book club session where we will talk about the book and share our activities. (You are also welcome to attend!)
Taylor Worley (she/her)
Youth Services Librarian
Springfield Public Library
A note from the Librarian: not every book will be a good choice for every reader, and there is no requirement that you participate every month. You can come as frequently as you wish. If you think a book may not be right for your reader, we recommend reading reviews from resources like School Library Journal and Common Sense Media. Alternatively, Librarian Taylor is always happy to chat about the books with you directly. We're here for you!
- Thursday, May 19, 2022
- 4:15pm - 5:15pm
- Time Zone:
- Pacific Time - US & Canada (change)
- Kids & Tweens Event